|Average length||50 meters (164')|
|Habitat||Underwater (Pacific Ocean)|
|Locomotion||Body-caudal fin (BCF)|
|Related species||Sea rhinoceros|
|Behind the Scenes|
|Performed by||Dee Bradley Baker (vocalizations)|
In SpongeBob SquarePants, a sea bear is a large piranha-like fish with claw-tipped front fins and the head of a grizzly bear. Squidward didn't believe in the sea bear's existence, until he was attacked by one in "The Camping Episode" episode. However, SpongeBob and Patrick are fervent believers, having read about them in the Bikini Bottom Inquirer and Fake Science Monthly, which are both tabloids.
In One Piece, the Sea Bear is a sea creature that lives on the ocean floor. The only one seen is under the command of the New Fishman Pirates, and it appeared first alongside the sea lion, sea rhinoceros, sea gorilla, sea elephant, and sea giraffe, under the crew's command in Chapter 607.
Their attacks are preventable by drawing an Anti-Sea Bear Circle in the sand, which is a simple circle. A sea rhinoceros is an animal that attacks victims of the sea bear.
The following are ways to attract an angry sea bear in SpongeBob SquarePants:
- If it doesn't like you;
- Playing the clarinet badly;
- Waving your flashlight back and forth really fast (Patrick says flashlights are their natural prey) ;
- Stomping the ground (SpongeBob says they take it as a challenge)
- Eating cheese in cube form, sliced form is safe;
- Wearing a sombrero upside down or in any other goofy fashion;
- Wearing clown shoes;
- Wearing a hoop skirt;
- Screeching like a chimpanzee;
- Limping (worse than running);
- Crawling (even worse than limping).
- The real life "Oyster Bear" (Kolponomos clallamensis) was a prehistoric sea-going bear species, known from a fossilized cranium discovered by R. A. Stirton in Clallam Bay, Washington, 1960. The creature lived about 20 million years ago, in the Miocene period, and it's likely that it somewhat resembled the sea bear in appearance.