|Bio-Organic Weapon (B.O.W)|
The so-called 'perfect' B.O.W, Tyrant
|Behind the Scenes|
A Bio-Organic Weapon, or B.O.W (pronounced in-game by the letters instead of phonetically), is an Umbrella and Tricell term for a creature intentionally created or genetically modified using a mutagen.
Umbrella preferred to name many of their B.O.Ws after Greek and Roman deities and other religious entities.
- Chimera was named after a monstrous creature of Lycia in Asia Minor, composed of the parts of multiple animals. It was a sibling of Cerberus.
- Cerberus was named after the multi-headed dog which guards the gates of Hades, to prevent those who have crossed the river Styx from ever escaping.
- Thanatos was named after the personification of Death and Mortality. Thanatos is the romanization of the ancient Greek: θάνατος "Death."
- Nemesis T-Type was named after Nemesis, the goddess of vengeance.
- Hypnos T-Type was named after Hypnos, the god of sleep, son of Nyx, brother of Nemesis and twin of Thanatos.
- Nyx was named after the goddess of night.
- Neptune was named after the Roman god of the sea.
- Pluto was the Roman god of the Underworld.
- Reaper was named after the Grim Reaper.
- Anubis was named after the Egyptian god of the dead.